As dynamic as the energy markets are today, you need an experienced professional to rely on to help you manage and overcome the challenges involved. Firley, Moran, Freer & Eassa, P.C. (FMF&E) has professionals with experience in many general business aspects of the energy business.
WHAT CAN FMF&E DO FOR YOU?
Our firm has a team of professionals who participate in financial statement audits of over 45 energy-related companies on an annual basis, including over 30 independent power companies. Our experience also includes providing assistance with fair value matters including identification of intangible assets, purchase price allocation and impairment analysis.
Our energy team also has a depth of experience in tax planning for various energy related projects, as well as tax consulting (such as sales tax, property tax, and asset unitization/componentization). Such experience includes:
- Tax planning for domestic and international power plant development projects including issues involving Federal, State and foreign income taxes, property taxes, sales taxes and other miscellaneous taxes.
- Tax planning and compliance for operating power projects including multi-state issues and application of IRC Section 704(b) rules for large complex limited partnerships ranging in size from $5 million to $250 million in assets.
- Tax planning and compliance for a former subsidiary of a local utility company and its 25 subsidiaries.
- Evaluating transactional issues associated with power contract restructuring and buyouts, sales of partnership interest and debt workouts for troubled projects.
Our energy team also has experience in the following areas:
- Restructuring of power contracts
- Buy-outs of power contracts
- Reviewing project documents and economic models
- Participating in the bid formulation and evaluating financial feasibility of potential acquisitions (both foreign and domestic)
- Organization structuring
- Troubled debt work-outs
With FMF&E, you have unlimited access to national accounting firm resources via our membership in
RSM US Alliance.