Our employee benefit plan audit teams perform both full scope and Department of Labor approved limited scope audits. This concentration and experience within a select group of professionals has given FMF&E strong technical skills and a broad understanding of the industry and issues affecting your plan.
Our Firm is also a member of the American Institute of CPAs Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center. This is evidence of our commitment to adhering to the highest quality standards by voluntarily agreeing to the Center’s membership requirements.
These requirements include: designating an EBP service lead partner responsible for our employee benefit plan audit practice, outlines of annual education minimums for professionals that work on EBPs, establishing quality control programs, performing annual internal inspection procedures, and making our peer review report findings publicly available. This devotion to professional standards enables our Firm to help your company achieve its goals in an effective and efficient manner.
Our membership in RSM US Alliance, which includes CPA firms that serve thousands of employee benefit plan clients across the nation, provides us and our clients with seamless cost effective access to national accounting firm resources and the latest EBP industry benchmark standards, while allowing us to retain our local office ownership and autonomy.
What Can FMF&E Do For You?
We will identify ideas that represent impactful opportunities for your organization. In addition to that promise and our traditional accounting, auditing, Form 5500 and tax compliance services, the plan administrators are provided a deliverable that includes comments and suggestions for improvement regarding the following areas:
- Administration of benefit payments, including hardship withdrawals
- Participant loan administration
- Automatic enrollment administration
- Timely remittance of participant contributions
- Documentation of employee eligibility and enrollment
- Compliance with plan document provisions
- Reconciliation procedures of plan records
- Implementation of internal controls
- Technical corrections to IRS Form 5500 and summary annual reports
Additionally, due to our industry experience and strategic alliances with Third Party Administrators (TPAs) and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) Law Firms, we are able to facilitate the following services to our employee benefit plan clients:
- Client assistance with DOL and IRS audits
- Research in connection with prohibited transactions, the related correction procedures and voluntary compliance programs
- Provide resources to navigate complex ERISA concerns
Let FMF&E provide auditing and accounting services to your benefit plans and you can be assured that the many complexities associated with the plans will be explained and addressed in a timely and correct fashion.
Top Professionals Ready To Serve You
The FMF&E team prides itself on ensuring that you have quick and easy access to top professionals for any challenge. Our unique model gives our clients confidence that our experienced team can be trusted with your most complex challenges.